Laparoscopy is also known as keyhole surgery, minimally invasive surgery, and diagnostic Laparoscopy. The name ‘laparoscopic’ came from the equipment laparoscope used during this surgery. It is a thin rod with which a camera is attached. Surgeons can observe the pelvic cavity and abdominal cavity with the help of small keyhole indentations. Surgeons prefer this surgery because it prevents the patients from substantial cuts. People are speculated to improve and recover fast when the Laparoscopy is done.
If you are skimming for the best laparoscopic surgeon in Dubai, you should not look further than Doctor Charles’ Clinic, the best laparoscopy clinic in that region.
How do Surgeons perform Laparoscopy?
Patients feel comfortable while the Laparoscopy is done because it is accomplished in the process of an indefinite anaesthetic. Surgeons try to produce single or additional tinier gashes inside the belly. Then they insert a surgical instrument named a laparoscope along with a duct that puts gas inside the stomach. After that, they can easily visualize around and start operating.
Gas from the abdomen is pumped out when the process is accomplished. Surgeons then apply the dressing after latching the indentations with stitches.
Patients can get back home on the same day when surgery is done. However, there is a chance that someone may be needed to stay in the clinic or hospital for at least a single night.
Surgeries Done Through Laparoscopy
You must be curious and inspect the surgeries which can be carried out through a laparoscope. Well, many of the surgeries can be performed through Laparoscopy. The verdict for this surgery depends on the severity of the patient’s condition.
If the situation of patient is complicated, they can be prescribed open surgery. Still, the surgery through a laparoscope is desired because of its cost-saving windfalls and notable victim improvements.
The catalogue of surgeries performed through Laparoscopy is below:
- Gastrectomy (removal of Stomach)
- Urethral reconstruction and Vaginal surgery
- Discarding a small tumour
- Liver resection
- Endometriosis surgery
- Appendectomy (spleen removal)
- Cryptorchidopexy (Testicle maintaining surgery)
- Enterectomy (Bowel abscission surgery)
- Prostatectomy ( Bladder removal)
- Cholecystectomy ( Gallbladder removal)
- Radical nephroureterectomy ( Surgery of transitional cell cancer )
- Anti-reflux surgery for oesophagus (multiplication)
- Hernia repair surgery
- Adrenalectomy (Dejection of the adrenal gland)
- Tubal ligation and reversal
- Ectopic pregnancy removal
- Abdominoperineal abscission (Casting out the rectum)
- Proctopexy (Rectal prolapsus fixation)
- Prostatectomy (Prostate removal)
- The Whipple procedure (pancreaticoduodenectomy)
- Casting out Stone, Polyp, Cyst and Fibroid.
- Appendectomy (detachment of appendix)
Drawbacks of Laparoscopy:
There is a unique chance of drawbacks in Laparoscopy. But, some of the possible trivial and severe complications are below:
- damage around the whole
- seeping around the hole or cut
- organ damage which directs to the casualty of organ function sometimes
- Primary artery damage.
- Blood clot development
- likelihood of gas bulges reaching veins
- chance of allergy toward general anesthetic
Doctor Charles’ Clinic offers most reliable Laparoscopy and endometriosis specialist Dubai. You can visit it anytime or book an appointment online. You will be satisfied with the services and prefer it if you encounter any issues in the future.